Record Requests

How do I request and receive a copy of a report from Koochiching County, MN?

To receive a copy of a report, contact the Civil Division at (218) 283-1141; Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Mail a written request to: Koochiching County Sheriff's Office, ATTN: Records Request, 715 4th Street, International Falls, MN 56649

Reports are not automatically mailed. Copies of accident, arrest and other incident reports handled by the Sheriff's Office are available for release, subject to the MN Government Data Practices Act MN Statute 13.01.

What kind of information cannot be released?

Reports marked "CONFIDENTIAL", juvenile reports and/or juvenile names, Social Services reports, reports involving vulnerable adults, victims' names and reports currently under investigation, or where the release of said report might jeopardize the safety and welfare of the people involved cannot be released.