Apply for a Marriage License at the Recorder’s Office (on first floor of the courthouse).
- Completed application must be signed by both parties. If one person cannot appear in person to sign, we will provide a copy that may be signed before a notary.
- Social Security numbers will be needed to apply.
- Please bring picture IDs (driver's license, passport, or state identification card)
The marriage license is valid for 6 months.
There is a portion of the license that must be returned to the Recorder's office no later than five days after the ceremony. We will then issue a Certificate of Marriage.
- Marriage License Fee is $115
- Proof of premarital education counseling reduces the fee to $40 (must be submitted in format required by Minnesota statutes. See MS 517.08, Subdivision 1b (b))